Sunday, June 10, 2012

Totally Scrumptious Spaghetti Bread!

I found this recipe from my friend Mallory's Pinterest Board and I HAD to try it! It's called
Spaghetti Bread and it is totally scrumptious! If you've ever made Garlic Bread to
go with your Spaghetti, why not have it all in one place. Sprinkle some garlic powder
over the top and bake it is sooo yummy! Here's a little step by step tutorial on how to
make this wonderful dinner, this was my first time making it and it was delicious!! I
added a few things to make it taste even more amazing! I added meat to the sauce
and sprinkled garlic powder on top, totally yummy!

Ingredients you will need:
1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, 
thawed to room temperature
6 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
1 lb cooked beef
8 oz mozzarella cheese, 
cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
1 egg white
Parmesan cheese
Parsley flakes
Garlic powder

Since I buy the Rhodes Bake and Serve loaves that are frozen it takes a bit of 
planning if you want dinner fast! There are some easy rise directions for the 
frozen loaves on the back of the bag. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees, then 
turn it off. Then just boil 2 cups of water and place it in a shallow pan then place 
the frozen loaf of dough in a thin pan above and let it thaw for a 1/2 an hour, 
this is the quickest I've ever seen dough rise, plus while this is going on you can 
cook the spaghetti and meat sauce and prepare the egg white to baste. It works 
out well for cooking family dinner nice, easy and fast!

Once you've got the dough thawed out 
place it on a clean surface to roll out flat, like this:

Cook your spaghetti and with meat sauce...
Cut your mozzarella squares nice and small, easy to spread size..

Then place the spaghetti inside the rolled out bread and 
sprinkle mozzarella cubes on top!


 Make cuts 1 and 1/2 inches apart 1/2 inch towards the filling..


Then criss-cross the rows you have cut, like a braid,
make sure you fold up the front to seal it up..

 Other side... it's okay if there are pockets open..
they come out fine when they bake together..


Now your ready to brush the egg white,
sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic Powder!


  Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese & Garlic Powder..
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees..
 I am in LOVE with this Garlic Powder from Trader Joe's,
last time I stocked up and bought 7 bottles, along with 
their Cumin Powder.. I use for making Homemade
Enchilada sauce..from the Trader Joe's in Vegas, but
now I hear they are building a new Trader Joe's right
here in Utah! Can not wait, life just got better!!!


Here's a close up!

Sprinkle Parsley and Garlic Powder on top..

 You should have THIS!

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden brown..

I usually check the Spaghetti Bread 15 minutes
into the baking.. make sure everything is going well..

Looking good so far! Needs a little more time
to turn that golden yummy brown!


And now you are ready to slice and serve! I love
how the Parmesan and Parsley set in PERFECT,
this makes an excellent entree for any meal!



Time to dig in!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are
inspired to try this yummy recipe!! xoxo



7 comments:

  1. where did you get that wooden roller?!?! i've been looking for one everywhere! could you email me that answer, or leave a comment on my blog! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was from Orson Gigyi here in Salt Lake City! I really love it too, it's great for rolling out fondant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! I am pinning this one for future reference. What a great idea for leftover sketti and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about for Halloween - make the bread look like a mummy/bandages and when you cut into it...Gross but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are there any alternatives you can substitute for the bread or different brand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome idea Cydne! I've got to try that for Halloween which is tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica! I wish I knew of any alternatives to Rhodes bake and serve, i'm sure you can make an organic whole wheat flour dough, but I haven't tried yet :( let me know if you find one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & love! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sweet Cupcake Treasury on Etsy